As of December 2016, Dayang's operations have been supported by more than 2,000 dedicated and experienced individuals.
Dayang believes that employees are its main assets and driving force of its business, thus a strong emphasis is placed on training to maintain a competent and dynamic workforce. Dayang’s training policies are geared towards ensuring that the knowledge and skills of staff remain relevant in the rapidly changing environment.
Evidence of its training and dedication of employees can be seen in the many awards the company has received including:
- Health, Safety & Environment System Level 3.0 by Sarawak Shell Berhad /
Sabah Shell Petroluem Company
- Certificate of Appreciation from Sarawak Shell for the completion of 5 million
man hours work without loss time incident from 1/2/1997 to 31/1/2002
- Grand Award from ExxonMobil in recognition of safety and excellence for 2004
- Grand Award from Petronas Carigali in recognition of excellent health, safety
and environment performance for 2004 / 2005
- Petronas Group HSE Award 2007/2008 in recognition of excellent achievement in Health, Safety and Environment
- Major Contractor Category Merit 2007/2008 Award by Petronas in recognition of Provision of Providing Offshore Integrated Topside Maintenance (including Hook-Up and Commissioning for Oil and Gas Industry
- Certificate of Appreciation from Petronas Carigali for Best Contractor Performance SCM-Contractors Management Sharing Session 2012.
- Best Under A Billion, The Region's Top 200 Small & Midsize Companies by Forbes Asia in 2014
- Merit Award, Large Industries (Oil & Gas), The Sarawak Chief Minister Environment Awards by Natural Resources & Environment Board Sarawak (NREB) in 2014
- 2016 HSE Performance Award by JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration (M) Ltd.
- Safety Award from Shell Malaysia in recognition of exemplary HSE work culture and outstanding safety performance for the year 2016